HYMAX GRIP® Cut-in Sleeve (4″-8″)
New Ideal Solution for mechanical joint connections
HYMAX GRIP Cut-in Sleeve (4″-8″) is a unique restraint coupling designed to connect valves and hydrants or existing lines with a mechanical joint connection.
Made from ductile iron, the HYMAX GRIP Cut-in Sleeve is the first transition coupling that can connect to a mechanical joint while restraining the connecting plain pipe with only one bolt to tighten.
- The GRIP Cut-in Sleeve’s patented radial closing mechanism holds pipes tightly in place during installation, allowing full control over the gap between pipes.
- As the pipe applies axial pressure, the GRIP chain increasingly tightens over the pipe, preventing pullout.
- The patented GRIP chain offers circular restraint around the pipe, unlike typical wedge-style restraints that point-load the pipe and makes it weaker.
- Patented universal gripping teeth for both plastic and metal pipes
- The HYMAX GRIP Cut-in Sleeve has a wide working range for connecting pipes of different diameters and replaces the need to use dedicated-sized transition couplings to help reduce inventory costs and save shelf-space.
- The HYMAX GRIP technology allows the connecting plain-end pipe to be slid and adjusted as needed, saving time on cutting and installing extra pipe.
- The reduced number of bolts and lightweight design of the HYMAX GRIP Cut-in Sleeve make repairs safer and faster with less time spent in the ditch.
- Installing the HYMAX GRIP Cut-in Sleeve effectively transforms the pipe connection into a flexible connection that can help save on repeated repair costs.
REDUCING FUTURE PIPE CRACKS
- The HYMAX GRIP Cut-in Sleeve allows dynamic deflection of the pipe for up to four degrees per side, reducing future pipe cracks and breaks.